Household Hazardous Waste

Vermont 2019 HHW Collection Schedule

Although this web site is provided by a New Hampshire regional planning commission, we recognize that we are located in a watershed which encompasses several municipalities in Vermont.  We are glad to share information from the Greater Upper Valley Solid Waste Management District across the river in providing collection information to keep our environment and drinking water safe.


Unwanted medicines are now accepted at the many police station receptacle boxes available 24 hours a day.  Visit for a list of participating police departments.


 Greater Upper Valley

Solid Waste Management District

Participating District Towns: Bridgewater, Hartland, Norwich, Pomfret, Sharon, Strafford, Thetford, Vershire, West Fairlee, and Woodstock, VT 

Participating Non-District Town: Town of Hartford, VT

Call 802-674-4474 or see GUVSWD



For information on other Vermont HHW Collections, contact your solid waste district.  For a map of districts and contact information, click here.

For study of New Hampshire use of Hartford, Vermont HHW Facility, click here.